Monday, June 20, 2016

i'm also guilty

I met a UP bhaiyya today who told me, 'is sheher mein aap kitne hi bade ho jaaye, aapse aur bhi bada koi hai. aur jitne bhi gareeb ho jao, aapse gareeb log bhi hain'. I wanted to say 'Ambani' but thought better than to refute someone in their element. But then he said, 'teen cheezein humesha chhupa ke rakhni chahiye: bhojan, stree (female) aur dravya (money).'
--
Another cabbie bitched about drunken Bandra girls in mini skirts puking every mile. 'Jab nashe nahin kiye hote tab toh har minute ghar pe khabar karti hain, jaise unki koi izzat lootne wala ho.'
--
I was in Hauz Khas, Delhi last summer with a friend. She was driving out of the parking lot when the parking guy remarked, 'wah, aapki gaadi toh bilkul sahi-salaamat hai. normally ladkiyon ki gaadi pe bohot dents hote hain...'
--
A guy cut into the female line at the local train ticket counter at Bandra Station. The counter guy refused to sell him the ticket. The man returned to his place in the regular queue (behind me) and said, 'agar aurat aadmi ki line mein lag sakti hai, toh aadmi aurat ki line mein kyun nahin lag sakta?'
--
Mom was returning from Pune to Mumbai this afternoon. The guy at the toll booth wondered aloud, 'arey aap akele Pune se drive kar ke aa gayi?'
--

I catch myself staring at women often. I regret it till the next time I do it again. This is perhaps why I cannot respond to anyone in any of these^ scenarios.

No comments: